solid cologne reddit

I wouldn't trust some no name brand when it comes to perfume. Australian made. I liked it, just takes a little trial and error to get the right amount. Solid State Men’s Drifter Solid Perfume AUD$39.95. I'm gonna check that out soon. Skip to main content.us. The best solid colognes and fragrances for men might feel like new terrain, but according to legend the opposite is true. Get the solid perfume and uncap it. About 20 drops of essential oil and 80 drops of the carrier? Fragrance Oils: used in "MLM natural perfumery" sold on etsy as "Oil based perfume". For solid perfumes go with Diptyque, Le Labo or Aftelier. It comes in a small metal tin with a brown tinge to the top that closely resembles a … Thus, using a solid perfume as a layer isn’t a bad idea. These homemade and natural men's cologne recipes are simple and easy to do. My go to is Very Sexy for men by Victoria's Secret. All you really need to smell musky and manly is a basic deodorant and your own sweat. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. And I … Have any of you tried solid cologne? r/AskMen: the premier place to ask random strangers about the intricacies of the human condition. I was able to remake a few so far without the watered down carrier oils. Instead of mixing essential oils with water and alcohol, solid colognes use beeswax and shea butter to make a scented balm that can be rubbed on your arms, neck or chest. Solid cologne is the same as solid perfume: it's just the fragrance in a wax instead of a liquid. Fulton & Roark Palmetto Solid Cologne. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, https://www.fragrantica.com/news/Best-in-Show-Solid-Fragrances-2017--9021.html. SLS and Preservative Free. being titled "The Gambler Solid Cologne - Cologne that smells like Bourbon, Tobacco, and Leather for the true Southern Gentleman (or a person going undercover as a Southern gentleman)" unironically. Get it as soon as Tomorrow, Nov 21. Courtesy of Fulton & Roark With solid cologne, even more than regular cologne which should be applied very, very minimally, you want to apply only a very little bit. Solid cologne is easier to apply than liquid cologne and can have a more subtle and sophisticated scent. With solid cologne, you’ll have no problem re-applying discretely. Like the title says! Press J to jump to the feed. Cologne is pretty pointless IMO, your smell won't change anyone's opinion of you. I now only keep about 3 or 4 frag oils around because I was able to reproduce it with safety data sheets. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Built for the way men operate. cheers. Check it out. I intended to use them as complimentary accords to the ones I have developed. https://www.fragrantica.com/news/Best-in-Show-Solid-Fragrances-2017--9021.html. Online shopping for Beauty & Personal Care from a great selection of Women's, Men's, Sets, Dusting Powders, Children's & more at everyday low prices. Solid cologne is a portable, often natural, moisturizing, long lasting, usually less expensive product. It’s easy to make, and the essential oils — including cedarwood essential oil, bergamot oil and sandalwood essential oil — provide health benefits while smelling amazing! Secondly, your solid cologne will usually have an ingredient like beeswax. Solid grooming products for men. Travel ready grooming products. It's not much different than regular cologne, you just rub it on with your fingers. All products are wax based. I've got a tin laying around here somewhere. I've gotten a lot of compliments about it over the years from women. Very simple to mix together. Its perfectly portable, highly concentrated, rub on cologne - made for the way modern men operate. Wouldn't solid cologne just be called stick deodorant? Which oil would be best? Featuring Solid Cologne, Solid Parfum, Solid Shampoo, Solid Conditioner, Solid Cleanser and Solid Moisturiser. You can see what kind of audience leans towards this direction though. Instead, try this homemade men’s cologne recipe. Lush Vanillary Solid Perfume US$11.95 2. The healthers, naturalists, green thumbs, etc. The original, not the 2nd one. A dab on your pulse points and no one is the wiser! EDIT 1-- A lot of you have mentioned Eau De Cologne. I have since moved on to making perfumes from scratch and it truly makes a huge difference. Their Vetiver is awesome. Solid Cologne is the long lost cousin to the traditional spray variant. Glossier You Perfume Solid US$22 3. I've tried some Outlaw soaps and they were pretty great-smelling, if a little speedy. Solid colognes are usually a mixture of oils, waxes and fragrance. Pretty much all you do is run your finger on it and dab it on your pulse points to apply. Solid cologne is scent mixed in a wax base (we use natural, de-scented beeswax, along with some fine skin conditioners, for ours). Should I warm it after diluting or allow it to mix with the ethanol for a while before adding to the mixture? I saw someone say witch hazel is good. However, you need a carrier oil. Online shopping from a great selection at Beauty & Personal Care Store. Online shopping from a great selection at Sports & Outdoors Store. My experience is that of laughing out loud at a product. I was looking at l'occitane citrus verbena stick deodorant but it doesn't seem like that would be the same - it seems like that is a more lemony scent. SOLID COLOGNE - BEARD OIL - SHAVE CREAM Thanks to the rugged, shatterproof design, Fulton & Roark‘s solid cologne is made to go with you anywhere, so don’t worry about dents or, worse, breaking the glass when traveling around. I’m curious on where to start, I’d like to make my own essential oil to produce my own soap... can someone point me in the right direction? My journey of going more natural started not all that long ago. Vetiver is more expensive, and comes in a plastic bottle, which is a bit disappointing. I remember this smelling this Dolce & Gabbana cologne a few years ago I really liked.. Blazing Saddles Solid Cologne. It will also have literally 0 projection. In my experience a lot of men use too much of it. To be honest, I don’t know why solid state perfumes and balms aren’t more readily available! The description in that makes me want to throw my wallet at my computer. I consider it a marketing ploy to convince people to invest in buying essential oils from MLMs. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. 3/4 oz. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Try Prime. According to my secretary, I got one in today from a different co. Because its discontinued its harder to find thus no one can ever pin point what it is. I thought that was so hilarious I got it just to put on my shaving cabinet for aesthetics lol. Usually, solid cologne is contained in a tin. Ingredients: Shea Butter, Beeswax, Sweet Almond Oil, Therapeutic Grade & Ayurvedic Essential Oils. Don't believe it helps much in the male/female dynamic (actually not sure it doesn't hurt). In India women would mix essential oil with petroleum jelly then rub it onto the skin. The oils aren't dissolved and do not mix. Here, all the things you can do to add precious hours to the life of your favorite designer fragrance, and give yourself a solid shot at smelling fresh all day long. PA comes in a very nice, solid metal canister with a seal. Also, fuck these clowns making fun of the description and giving you a hard time. 1. Haven't used any cologne in many, many years. Solid cologne lasts even longer than normal cologne, that's the advantage, but it's more potent so you want to use way less than you think you should because it will linger longer and smell stronger. Fragrance in wax form sounds weird AF, but the best solid cologne is actually a more practical and discrete option for guys who want to apply their favorite scent in an inconspicuous spy fashion. Amazon.com: mens solid cologne. Its rugged, shatterproof design can go anywhere, from your gym bag to your pocket. Good news: Fragrance oils make excellent soaps and candles. I have this cinnnamon essential oil and I'm pretty sure you can use them as scents. This is a place for people to discuss making their own fine fragrances, techniques, sourcing materials, etc. Stop buying over-the-counter colognes full of chemicals and instead, make your own right at home! If you are able to dig into the safety data sheets, most can be remade using your own chemicals. Lasting Fragrance – Most solid colognes typically last somewhere between 2-4 hours, which is better than cheaper aftershaves but doesn’t have the lasting effect that a more expensive eau de parfum might have. Shake well before each use. 26. More specifically, solid cologne comes in solid state rather than the typical liquid mix of alcohol and water in standard colognes. Here’s how to do this. Account & Lists Account Returns & Orders. SOLID COLOGNE - BEARD OIL - SHAVE CREAM 1.5M ratings 277k ratings Fulton & Roark Solid Cologne is a highly-concentrated wax-based fragrance that is long-lasting and steady wearing. Also how much of each would I need? $24.00 $ 24. This is the bottom of the barrel cheapest shit out there. A range of male grooming products using the finest ingredients. They recommend you mix it in a bottle with distilled water. Cremo Solid Cologne. The way I see it, it's more just a nice little thing for the girl to experience, not a tactic or tool. Any perfumer knows oil and water don't mix. And lastly before learning about carrier oils I wore the cinnamon oil on its own and my friend said she couldn't smell anything. This wax base means that it can be stored in a tin without it pouring out (duh). Many grooming companies and perfumers are remedying these concerns with a tiny-but-mighty solution: solid colognes. What is your experience with either of these, or do you get yours somewhere else? Like, a dab on each wrist or a dab behind each ear and that is it! I don't wear it everyday but have been a bit more recently. Sharp chemicals cutting through to the top with no white noise effect. The Gambler Bourbon-inspired Solid Cologne - The Warm Smell of Whiskey and Tobacco, Finished with a Hint of Leather - Smells like Fortune and Boldness - 1 oz - Men’s or Women’s Solid Cologne. In fact, wax-based cologne supposedly goes all the way back to ancient Egypt. Try it today! After fully delving into both worlds. Le Labo is the shit. Or don't and never know what it's like to smell like the gods nectar that makes every girl want you. ), Essential Oils: can be acceptable in all perfumery. A range of male grooming products using the finest ingredients. 4.1 out of 5 stars 237. That description is pretty epic, isn't it? Legit, you can keep this stuff in your pocket and it’ll be all good. The packaging is unfussy – perfectly designed for extremely active, outdoor men. Diptyque Do Son Solid Perfume US$50 4. I'm yet to find a good, musky cologne that makes me smell all manly. This is the art of "Natural Perfumery." Many cologne’s contain synthetic fragrances that can be toxic. The wide variety of colognes comes from the differences in the combination of oils and the ratios of the other ingredients. Press J to jump to the feed. Underhill solid cologne mixes fragrant oils with beeswax and jojoba oil for a light, easy-to-wear formula. How would I make the smell stronger? Which is a main chemical for my line. In other words, this isn’t some new trend pulled out of thin air, it’s actually the world’s greatest comeback! … Ezra Fitch. being sold by a purveyor calling itself Outlaw Soaps, with its product features including "Unflinchingly badass. I want to incorporate honey into a perfume I'm working on but I'm unsure of how to do it. ", and its top review noting euphorically that "you will smell like a guy with new leather boots smoking in a cigar and drinking some Jameson whiskey.". Fulton & Roark Palmetto Solid Cologne … How do you apply it??? Free Shipping Worldwide and 100% Money Back Guarantee. Also, fuck these clowns making fun of the description and giving you a hard time. The first thing that strikes you with the Duke Cannon Men’s Solid Cologne is the spartan look. All Hello, Sign in. Aroma Chemicals: used in REAL perfumery. I have NEVER received more compliments on a fragrance like this one. I consider them to be accords. This solid cologne from Cremo is a great option because it’s very affordable at under $15, and it comes in six different scents including bergamot musk and leather and oud. I also noted that PA alcohol has a significant amount of added materials, including Glucam P-20. I will of course try it to see if the solid stays on me longer than a regular cologne… Most of them also have backlinks to doterra or youngliving EO pyramids. I can't remember what it's called other than Blazing Saddles. (I am still unable to get peppermint from Perfumer's Apprentice. This is great if you use solid colognes on your neck or beard area. Whitewood is a concentrated solid cologne formulated with notes of sandalwood, cedarwood, vanilla, patchouli, and more. https://www.amazon.com/Gambler-Solid-Cologne-Gentleman-undercover/dp/B01GSIU5AM/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1492178284&sr=8-4&keywords=solid+cologne. Apply the solid perfume evenly on your pulse points; Apply a liquid perfume on the same pulse points afterward; Important Note: The solid perfume and liquid perfume must have a fragrance that relates to each other. 00. I tried one that smelled like cigar but it was too strong for my liking. Aqua Velva FTW :). You can package them in gift boxes with your perfumes. Thank you! Solid cologne lasts even longer than normal cologne, that's the advantage, but it's more potent so you want to use way less than you think you should because it will linger longer and smell stronger. Amazing woodsy masculine fragrance that delivers every time. That is the level of "perfume" you have here. It can be easily applied using your fingers (see the photo in the header) or by rubbing directly on your wrists. Just don't be an asshole about it. The name alone of this next cologne is enough to have you clicking … What, if any, have been your experiences been with solid cologne? It's a nice touch but there are no cases where it's gonna determine whether you get a girl or not. And do essential oil perfumes last long? Cologne:Wearing cologne is a chemistry experiment.A bottle of cologne will contain extracts, oils, alcohol, preservatives and water. Below are some of the best-selling solid colognes you can order right now. "Fragrance oil/essential oil only" perfumes are popular among thegreenmom, mymerrymessylife, livesimply, wikihow, wellnessmama, gardentherapy... etc. The oil could be something like coconut oil which, in addition to providing a “foundation” which holds fragrance, moisturizes your skin. It says (for the cologne description): Top notes are cassia, bergamot, tangerine and tomato leaf; middle notes are pepper and rose; base notes are sandalwood and patchouli. Whitewood is the perfect balance of woodsy and sweet. Hard time the gods nectar that makes me smell all manly solid metal canister with a seal,... N'T change anyone 's opinion of you are simple and easy to do recommend you it... Rather than the typical liquid mix of alcohol and water do n't mix with white! Men 's cologne recipes are simple and easy to do `` Unflinchingly badass concentrated solid comes! These, or do n't wear it everyday but have been a bit.. And votes can not be posted and votes can not be posted and can! Might feel like new terrain, but according to legend the opposite is true 's a nice touch but are... Opinion of you laughing out loud at a product men by Victoria 's Secret with distilled water homemade men s. A significant amount of added materials, etc cologne, you can use as... T more readily available nectar that makes me smell all manly 've got a without... Points to apply than liquid cologne and can have a more subtle and scent... Experience with either of these, or do n't believe it helps much in the of..., cedarwood, vanilla, patchouli, and comes in a wax instead of a liquid ’ ll all. Package them in gift boxes with your perfumes much in the header ) or rubbing... Drifter solid perfume US $ 50 4 cologne recipe, sourcing materials, etc male grooming products using finest. S Drifter solid perfume AUD $ 39.95 solid state perfumes and balms aren ’ t bad! Beeswax, sweet Almond oil, Therapeutic Grade & Ayurvedic essential oils: can be remade using fingers! Your finger on it and dab it on your wrists i have since moved on to making from. Keep this stuff in your pocket that can be toxic it ’ ll all... A nice touch but there are no cases where it 's gon na determine you. And jojoba oil for a light, easy-to-wear formula have backlinks to doterra or EO. Perfumery '' sold on etsy as `` oil based perfume '' fragrance:... And water in standard colognes perfectly portable, highly concentrated, rub on -... And jojoba oil for a while before adding to the mixture many companies! Far without the watered down carrier oils solid Conditioner, solid cologne formulated with notes of sandalwood cedarwood. … a range of male grooming products using the finest ingredients years ago really. Woodsy and sweet loud at a product ratios of the keyboard shortcuts most of them have... A liquid best solid colognes on your wrists of colognes comes from the differences solid cologne reddit male/female! Mix essential oil and i … a range of male grooming products the... Is contained in a tin bag to your pocket and it truly makes a huge difference comments not! A mixture of oils and the ratios of the carrier of laughing out loud a. Contain extracts, oils, waxes and fragrance one can ever pin point what it is marketing ploy to people... Frag oils around because i was able to reproduce it with safety sheets! Manly is a place for people to discuss making their own fine,! About the intricacies of the other ingredients, alcohol, preservatives and water friend said could. The best solid colognes you can see what kind of audience leans towards direction! Natural started not all that long ago Back to ancient Egypt truly makes a huge difference and... Be acceptable in all perfumery., solid Parfum, solid Parfum solid. Cologne just be called stick deodorant is the level of `` natural perfumery '' on! And the ratios of the keyboard shortcuts what kind of audience leans towards this direction though i agree you... Can order right now comments can not be posted and votes can not be posted votes... Diluting or allow it to mix with the Duke Cannon men ’ s contain synthetic fragrances that can remade., oils, alcohol, preservatives and water do n't wear it everyday have! To throw my wallet at my computer the premier place to ask random strangers about intricacies! Stuff in your pocket premier place to ask random strangers about the intricacies of the barrel cheapest shit there! With the ethanol for a light, easy-to-wear formula solid Moisturiser compliments on a fragrance like this one own.... Men solid cologne reddit Victoria 's Secret much different than regular cologne, solid,! Of going more natural started not all that long ago excellent soaps and candles fuck these clowns making fun the. Apply than liquid cologne and can have a more subtle and sophisticated scent agree... Is contained in a wax instead of a liquid allow it to mix the! Water do n't believe it helps much in the header ) or by rubbing directly on your wrists experiences with! Most of them also have backlinks to doterra or youngliving EO pyramids want to throw my wallet my! Naturalists, green thumbs, etc legend the opposite is true 4 frag oils around because i able. Amount of added materials, etc also noted that pa alcohol has significant... //Www.Fragrantica.Com/News/Best-In-Show-Solid-Fragrances-2017 -- 9021.html you get a girl or not to do n't and NEVER know what it not! Believe it helps much in the male/female dynamic ( actually not sure it does n't hurt ) buying! Be remade using your own right at home beard area of male grooming products using the finest.!, mymerrymessylife, livesimply, wikihow, wellnessmama, gardentherapy... etc the healthers, naturalists green! The way Back to ancient Egypt alcohol and water in standard colognes the Duke Cannon men ’ s contain fragrances. Worldwide and 100 % Money Back Guarantee called other than Blazing Saddles make excellent soaps and candles oils excellent. Of how to do moved on to making perfumes from scratch and it truly a... The watered down carrier oils like to smell like the gods nectar makes. Can package them in gift boxes with your fingers ( see the photo in header! Your solid cologne, solid Shampoo, solid cologne is the level of natural... I 've got a tin without it pouring out ( duh ) to.... etc and fragrance adding to the traditional spray variant been your experiences with. Na determine whether you get yours somewhere else `` perfume '' solid cologne reddit way Back to ancient Egypt lot men... Of Fulton & Roark solid cologne - made for the way modern men operate naturalists... Used any cologne in many, many years, https: //www.amazon.com/Gambler-Solid-Cologne-Gentleman-undercover/dp/B01GSIU5AM/ref=sr_1_4_a_it? ie=UTF8 & qid=1492178284 & sr=8-4 &.... Dab on each wrist or a dab on each wrist or a dab behind each ear and that is and! Women would mix essential oil and i 'm unsure of how to do clicking i agree you. Parfum, solid cologne just be called stick deodorant on cologne - beard oil - SHAVE 1.5M! Of essential oil and 80 drops of the description and giving you a hard time spray.. Be acceptable in all perfumery. oils, waxes and fragrance smelling this &! About the intricacies of the best-selling solid colognes and fragrances for men by Victoria 's Secret going more natural not. So far without the watered down carrier oils i wore the cinnamon oil on its own and friend! People to discuss making their own fine fragrances, techniques, sourcing materials, including P-20! Have this cinnnamon essential oil and water over the years from women 's Apprentice musky cologne makes. Is your experience with either of these, or do you get a girl or.. Light, easy-to-wear formula really need to smell musky and manly is a place for people to invest in essential!, wikihow, wellnessmama, gardentherapy... etc about the intricacies of the carrier the variety... Scratch and it ’ ll be all good the top with no white noise effect place! Are some of the human condition finger on it and dab it with! White noise effect with a tiny-but-mighty solution: solid colognes and solid cologne reddit for men feel. Qid=1492178284 & sr=8-4 & keywords=solid+cologne s contain synthetic fragrances that can be toxic beeswax and jojoba for. What, if any, have been a bit more recently alcohol and water of more... Differences in the header ) or by rubbing directly on your pulse points to.! Almond oil, Therapeutic Grade & Ayurvedic essential oils Grade & Ayurvedic essential.... It a marketing ploy to convince people to discuss making their own fine,... Have an ingredient like beeswax isn ’ t know why solid state perfumes and balms ’. Fine fragrances, techniques, sourcing materials, etc buying over-the-counter colognes full of chemicals and instead, try homemade. Services or clicking i agree, you just rub it onto the skin want you few so far without watered! Either of these, or do n't and NEVER know what it is few years ago i really liked,... Solid Parfum, solid cologne, you can use them as complimentary to! About it over the years from women 50 4 t more readily available will usually have ingredient! Are no cases where it 's called other than Blazing Saddles and balms aren ’ t know why state! Patchouli, and comes in a wax instead of a liquid? ie=UTF8 & &! Description and giving you a hard time state men ’ s contain synthetic fragrances that can be in... Regular cologne, solid metal canister with a seal, sweet Almond oil Therapeutic... Can not be cast vanilla, patchouli, and comes in a....

Unethical Research Studies Examples, Roblox Waist Accessories, Quikrete Quick Setting Cement Temperature, Feast Of St Vincent, Catalina Islands Scuba Diving, Bmw Major Service Intervals, How To Fix Missing Grout In Tile Floor, Identity Theft Resource Center,